Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 175) Abstract circles and stripes

For today's nail art I used this image as inspiration:
I like how the circles stand out on their own but also take part in the complete look.
Time to translate this to my nails I think...
Here is my step-by-step:

Step 1: The circles






Material:
- Tape
- Perforator














Take a piece of tape and fold it in two (sticky sides onto each other)
















Perforate the piece of tape.
Unfold the tape and there you have two perfect circle stencils (that is...if your perforator is still sharp enough to perforate through tape)










Stick your DIY circle stencils on the desired place on your nail.
Then paint some horizontal colorful stripes on them.
I chose to do this design as accent nails on my index and ring finger.
Remove the tape.







Step 2: Fill up the rest of your nail(s) with vertical colorful stripes (I used the same colors from the circles). Topcoat and done!


7 comments: